Happy New Year!
2015 was a hectic year: Bunch of the specs that I have been working on (JWS [RFC7515], JWT [RFC7519], OAuth PKCE [RFC7636], JWK Thumbprint [RFC7638]）got published and the work to convert ISO/IEC 29100 Privacy Framework into Japan Industry Standard started. We had OpenID Summit Tokyo 2015 gathering around 500 audience also. (The last time was back in 2011). A book that I co-wrote got published. A paper on the level of assurance of an identity that I helped was also published from Springer.
This year, now that the components such as JWS etc. are ready, I intend to re-start working on something that is now known as Fintech. I will also continue on my work in OIDF as well as ISO/IEC including “Privacy enhancing identity management based on attribute based identity management” and “Notice and Consent” as a rapporteur and an editor, respectively. There also is going to be an OECD ministerial coming this June in Mexico. I intend to assist it though OECD/ITAC.
I believe all these are important work but I am just a little catalyst. The real body of the work will be done by many capable persons like you. I hope you will be able to help the work to make the world a little better.
May your year be a happy and prosperous one.
- [RFC7515] Jones, Bradley, Sakimura: JSON Web Signature (JWS), IETF, 2016
- [RFC7519] Jones, Bradley, Sakimura: JSON Web Token (JWT), IETF, 2016
- [RFC7636] Sakimura, Bradley, Agarwal: Proof Key for Code Exchange by OAuth Public Clients (OAuth PKCE), IETF, 2016
- [RFC7638] Jones, Sakimura: JSON Web Key (JWK) Thumbprint, IETF, 2016
-  野村資本市場研究所著『未来を拓くマイナンバー』, 中央経済社, 2016
-  Hokino, Fujiki, Onda, Kaneko, Sakimura, Sato: A Practical Trust Framework: Assurance Levels Repackaged Through Analysis of Business Scenarios and Related Risks, Security Standardisation Research
Second International Conference, SSR 2015, LNCS 9497, Springer, Tokyo, Japan, December 15-16, 2015, Proceedings, Springer （P203-217）